Monday, October 12, 2009

dress woes

i was excited & nervous to get my dress from Eva's today. it took 7 months to get in -it's that "will i still love it? did i make the right decision?" - I do still love it, BUT my fear came true... I ordered a couple sizes bigger than what I am fitted for b/c I planned (and still will!) on removing the corset back to put in a zipper with buttons - that is what I always wanted and love. The salesgirl told me to get a 12 and said that I needed that size for the fabric to match when you put the zipper in... Well, it's too small - not too small if i was to want to wear the corset back, but too small near the top of the back and the fabric does not match up. There's nothing i can do b/c you sign something saying you are aware you are ordering NOT the size you measure for, so OH WELL from them. I was afraid of this all along. panic came over me - i immediately called my seamstress and was able to bring it to her this afternoon, she could sense the panic in my voice over the phone.

it's not an ez solution and unfortunaltely I did not hear from her, "oh no big deal!" like I wished. Not b/c i do not trust her capabilities, but b/c it's not ez to make something larger... She is going to take the 2 seams out on the sides and see how much she has to work with and call me, and we'll go from there. I feel good that it's 2 months to the DAY, and the dress is with her, but it's not the greatest 'picking up MY wedding dress' sort of day I wanted. ahhhh, good times. I pray it will work.

On a better note, i am meeting with a couple of friends/guys that are going to do my decorating the day of, and that is a HUGE relief. one less thing to worry about.

9 week and i'll be married and on my honeymoon at this moment!

No comments: