Thursday, May 14, 2009

Less than 7 months....

So I got the Knot countdown email a couple of days ago reminding me there are 7 months, now less, to the DAY. I'm not behind on anything, except thinking about what we want to do for ceremony music... I just sent in deposit for DJ.

One great thing that has happened, somehow I stumbled upon a weddingbee blog of a girl by the name of 'Miss Stiletto' (http://www.weddingbee.com/author/stiletto/) that is getting married at the 19th CC as well - as she & I have discovered, there is not much info online about the venue. We have traded emails discussing different things and she has put me in touch with a local Oak Park florist 'Fleur Lily Chic' [www.fleurlilychic.com]. I have been speaking with Carolynn and she has had some great suggestions for flowers in Dec that will fall within my budget. I am excited - as I previously discussed, my brideman will be arranging the bouquets, but Carolynn will be ordering the flowers for us to use. While this kinda takes away from the excitement of going in the morning and picking out random flowers, it also ensures the flowers will be of good quality and available... probably a safer and more reasonable option. She will be making my bouts and my corsages as well.

In a previous post I showed a bouquet of dahlias that i LOVED and would like exactly, but unfortunately they are not available in December - which I was afraid of... Their season is June-Oct, for all you summer & Fall brides - I LOVE dahlias... But Carolynn has suggested deep red Gerber daisies, somewhat similar, anemones (red with black centers) and some others that can definitely work as well.

No comments: