Friday, January 9, 2009

post visit
















ahhh, i am feeling lovely as I just indulged in sushi for lunch. it helps to take the stress away, for real. We met with the coordinator and took a tour of the 19th Century Club last night. We were especially impressed with the auditorium space; there is plenty of room to host 180-200 (the target)ppl. Not in love with the location - not Oak Park itself - it's a great community with a ton of stuff to do (especially great for out of town guests staying there - shopping, restaurants, etc..) but it's a little hard to get to - but a positive thing is that there will be no commuting between locales for ceremony & reception -this is an all-in-one [bonus].

I have made an appt with Anthony for Tuesday from Cucina Paradiso [TwoMayToz] to discuss all the other fun things that come with picking a venue: food, booze, etc..... He is meeting me closer to our house though, so score for him. Everything I've read is good reviews, but most importantly will it work for us within our budget.
The pictures do not do the place justice - plus it wasn't my camera [I forgot my camera at home so borrowed one from work before going]. You can see how gorgeous the floors are though, they have recently had them refinished. I am able to picture everything happening here, which makes me feel good, but will know more after next week!

1 comment:

Shari said...

It looks beautiful Jamie!!! I'm so happy that you guys found a place.